Rio de Janeiro, May 15-16, 2012
Faircount organised and hosted the first annual oil and gas conference and expo at the Hotel Sofitel Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, on May 15 and 16. More than 450 delegates were in attendance to listen and engage with experts over the major issues being encountered by Brazil as it seeks to conquer the challenges of exploiting its reserves of natural gas and oil.
The extensive panel of speakers represented senior levels within Brazil’s government and private sector, and included:
- Armando Guedes Coelho, Chairman of Energy, FIRJAN
- Carlos Camerini, Superintendent, Nat. Organization of Petroleum Industry (ONIP)
- Renato Bertani, President, World Petroleum Council
- Eugênia Regina de Melo, Superintendent of Oil & Gas, Caixa Economica Federal
- Maurício Alves Syrio, Chief of Petroleum Dept., Gas and Naval Industry, FINEP
In addition to the plenary sessions, meeting forums and press conferences, attendees were able to visit more than 20 display stands of companies from multiple sectors within the oil and gas businesses. Companies displaying their latest products and services included: GEOSOL, Falcon Oil, CAIXA, Siemens, Brasbunker, Banco do Brasil, and ElectroProject Aandrijftechniek.